Once, former procrastinators, I sat in a hotel nook in the quiet of early morning in Portugal. Enormous windows looked out over a green valley. From my high perch, I watched a man working in his garden, pushing a cart from place to place. He looked almost like an ant to me, and I wondered if that’s how we look to God.
No, it’s not. God lives in us believers and He has a relationship with us. He is on high and also with us. What a God!
A few reasons I’m grateful to Him this year:
- that my salvation is secured by Jesus alone and I am secure in Him. For His Word.
- that our amazing God is with us in Covid isolation and adjustments. He is at work and in control.
- that our country can still turn to a Holy Sovereign God in repentance and follow His ways.
- for good health.
- that we have many ways to stay connected.
- for our new son-in-law and his reception of the piano that came with our girl.
- that they were spared when they hit a deer. Injured hand healing well.
- for long lunches with our son and daughter-in-law, their community interaction.
- for a Bible study that grows in friendship and welcomes seniors. For a study of praying ladies.
- for God’s power in the cleanout and organization of the overwhelming photo project – nine black garbage bags of photo trash for starters and thousands of photos sorted.
- for our community of former procrastinators! You ladies inspire me and encourage me to keep learning. You make application more fun.
- for my accountability partner, website designer, and dear friends who encourage my heart and stir my mind and feet to action.
- for my husband whose patience, insight, courage bolster me and who keeps me grinning.
Leave a Reply