Although I was a busy and productive person, sneaky procrastination tentacles reached into numerous areas of my life and stressed our family for many years. God has used His Word, people, and other tools to address my thinking and behavior. Now I get to live a changing life with freedom and joy. Our God redeems!
Listening to ladies, I realized women who want to conquer procrastination need regular encouragement in the battle, just like I do. Hence, the blog. I’m constantly learning – often from my failures to do what needs doing when it needs doing. Remembering you ladies helps keep my feet on the path. Thank you!
As a military wife and homeschooling mom, I was a planner with a full calendar and long to do list. I’ve lived in 16 states and three other countries – including one where it was considered rude to arrive on time. (A definite setback for someone prone to be late.) Living in different places has given me insight into the universality of biblical principles and reinforced my heart for women.
My wonderful, patient husband and I have been married 42 years. Our son, daughter-in-love, and our daughter bring us enormous joy. For grins, there’s nothing like a silly family text thread. The kids set a goal I’m still aiming for: “Mom, can’t we drive out of the driveway just one time?” Alas, I’m still inclined to return for a forgotten bag, or cell phone.
Coaching speech and drama students is a special treat. My greatest delights are family time, Bible study, and sharing what I’m learning. A super day also includes a brisk walk with conversation, gardening, reading, games, pizza, and dessert. I treasure time with the dear sisters whose fellowship and prayers deepen my relationship with the Lord – laughter included. And – now I actually make it to the gym. Life is better.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In Jesus Christ’s deity, virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, atoning blood, bodily resurrection, and ascension to heaven.
- Sin separates us from God and we are only reconciled to Him through Jesus Christ.
- Therefore, salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.
- The Holy Spirit indwells believers and empowers them to live a godly life and is given as a seal and pledge of our inheritance in Christ.
- There is one true church, the body of Christ, consisting of all believers.
- At death the Christian’s soul passes into the presence of God and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God.
- Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, to establish His kingdom on earth.